Broadspring (Agency)– Senior Copywriter & Integrated Marketing Specialist
January 2013 to present
- Develop copy for advertorials, journalistic articles, blog posts, marketing collateral and promotions, case studies, e-mail newsletters, technical documents, and interoffice communications.
- Manage three e-mail newsletter weekly campaigns to unique audiences. Includes working with developers/designers to fine-tune newsletters, maintaining e-mail lists, and overseeing all content delivered.
- Maintain promotional programs and product giveaways.
- Craft social media messaging for a Facebook audience nearing 700,000 fans.
Consultant – Freelance Copywriter
2009 to present
Write and edit SEO Web Content, Articles, Marketing Collateral, E-Books, E-Commerce Descriptions, Press Releases, Internal Communications, Ads, White Papers, E-mail News Blasts and more for major companies and brands including, but not limited to:
- TD Ameritrade
- Marc Ecko
- Zoo York
- Body Glove
- Body Glove Pet
- Lake O’ Lakes
- Proton Therapy USA
- Recycle Your Media
- Bob’s Watches
- Fiorentino’s Para-Anchor
- Shannon’s Fabric
- Cox Communications
- Global Infinity Solutions
- Creative Group
- Robertson Marketing
- Urban Geko
- Global AIDS Ministry
- Jonathan Craig Co.
Body Glove/C. Walters Intercoastal Corp. (CWIC) – Marketing & Communications Specialist
2007 to July 2010
Headed marketing strategy and implementation for snorkeling, aquatics, learn-to-swim, pool fitness and pet lines. Projects and successes include, but are not limited to:
- Implemented New product & brand launches including Body Glove Pet, Dive N’ Surf by Body Glove, Body Glove Learn-to-Swim, and Body Glove Learn to Swim.
- Conceived and wrote presentations for major retail chains including COSTCO, Walmart, PETCO, PetSmart, Sport Chalet, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sam’s Club.
- Wrote and edit copy for corporate communications, marketing pieces, online content, product technology line guides, trade show collateral, newsletters, social networking sites and blogs.
- Wrote Snorkeling For Dummies guide, to be included in an all-new For Dummies line of products.
- Developed and launched B2B e-mail marketing program.
- Conceptualized and managed content for Website.
- Developed and maintained online Sales Rep. Portal and educational materials for easy dissemination of internal communications.
American Historic Inns (Agency/Publisher)— Communications Manager/Web Editor
2004 to 2006
- Maintained interactive content for leading bed & breakfast directory www.iloveInns.com.
- Wrote and edited all marketing communications, marketing plans and sales proposals.
- Edited industry leading bed & breakfast guidebook Bed & Breakfasts and Country Inns.
- Developed marketing materials and campaigns for promotions with major brands including Sara Lee, Land O’ Lakes, Got Milk? and Kraft.
- Maintained relations with top 100 newspaper travel media and landed stories with The Washington Post, Houston Chronicle, San Jose Mercury News, American Way Magazine, Promo Magazine and Budget Travel.
Avacast Corporation — Marketing Communications Coordinator
2002 to 2004
- Wrote press releases to educational, commercial, and government verticals.
- Maintained press relations for article placement and editorial opportunities.
- Created marketing pitches and materials.
- Wrote proposals for major prospects and clients such as Kaplan Inc, Dearborn Financial, Pfizer, and county governments.
- Maintained written communications with major clients when quality control was needed.
La Sierra University — Instructor of English Composition
2000 to 2002
- Instructed college freshmen and sophomores on basic composition and editing skills while gaining a Master’s degree in English & Literature.
- Edited and graded all student papers.
- Designed creative projects to best help students express themselves and overcome anxieties associated with writing. One such project included the creation of a magazine, which prompted a group of students to develop a journal for monthly publication.
Lippin Group — Jr. Publicist
1999 to 2000
- Worked with the Vice President Les Eisner on all major projects.
- Wrote press releases and extensively edited various copy.
- Created film synopsis for major publication listings.
- Maintained press relations daily via phone/email and during major entertainment events.
- Clientele included the Emmys, 20th Century Fox, Brad Marx International, Baywatch, Hamden Entertainment, NATPE, and Price Waterhouse Coopers.
La Sierra University, Riverside, California
Master of English and Literature, 2002
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, 1999